2  2 min
Personal branding used to be underestimated! In recent years, however, it became a hot topic, as more and more people recognized its importance. Having distinctive personal branding can open many doors and increase the total number of sales your business makes!
One of the richest men, Jeff Bezos, said: “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
Many have asked me, “Natalia! How did you do this? How did you manage to expand and maintain your brand? How did you gain other people’s trust?”
To answer these questions, I have decided to share a few of my secrets. They’d help you develop your personal branding! Test them out!
- Show up! Many people don’t want to put themselves out there! They don’t want to show up and defend their brand. They’re insecure, shy, and afraid. This cannot be! You must put yourself out there and make yourself known. There is no other way to promote your brand. People must know who you are and what you do.
- Be unique. Notice your strengths and accentuate them to distinguish yourself from others. Make sure to have a trademark quality—or a visual attribute. You may always have a certain haircut or do your makeup in a certain way. You may dress in a certain way! Think about Ellen DeGeneres: her short hair and her shirt and trousers constitute her trademark style!
- Be just a little crazy. Find a way to set yourself apart. Do something untypical—something peculiar! I, for instance, talk about… bananas! Richard Branson, on the other hand, is known for doing extreme things, such as Virgin Balloon Flights.
- Embody your brand. Your personal branding is more than your words—or appearance. It is also the emotions you elicit in others, the inspiration and awe you provoke! Ensure that your personal branding, your attitude, and the brand of your business are all in alignment. People sense liars—they’ll know if you’re faking it if you’re selling something you do not believe in! I, for instance, do not sell or recommend anything I have not personally tried and liked in my own life. I try to be a role model for everyone around me, including my audience.
- Do you want to learn more?
- Do you want to realize how you can influence others?
- Do you want to master techniques that will help you develop your personal branding?
- Do you want to demonstrate your best qualities and talents?
Psychologist, family therapist, author
Subscribe to my channel for more interesting videos, articles, and updates.