In life, we constantly sell, whether consciously or not. You may not have thought about it, but:
- when we flirt, we are actually selling ourselves;
- when we apply for a job, we sell ourselves, our competencies, qualities, and skills;
- when we present a project or idea to our colleagues, we sell the advantages, strengths, etc. of the project or idea;
- when we persuade a friend to visit a new place together, we again sell to him – why he should agree;
- when we have our own business or work as a freelancer, we again sell our services and products to our customers.
It turns out that our ability to sell can influence the kind of partner we will attract, the kind of job we will have, whether we will earn well, whether we will be respected… and almost everything else in our lives. That is why it is extremely important to learn how to sell!
Today I will share with you the basics of a successful sale:
- Suggest a solution to a problem. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes and find out what problem or pain he has, even if sometimes he himself does not realize it. Then address the sales message so that it resonates with the other party’s problem or pain. Examples:
- “Let me help you with that weight,” to a lady in the gym, instead of the worn-out “I see you come to work out often.”
- “Smooth skin for years”, instead of “Make an appointment for laser hair removal”;
- “I heard they offer great food,” when you want to go to a well-known restaurant with your husband and you know that the atmosphere is not important to him, but rather to eat well.
- “Wondering what to gift your beloved woman?” instead of “Silver Jewelry Promotions.”
- Give value. Show what the added value of what you offer is. People are always attracted to the best offer and this in most cases does not mean the cheapest offer. Examples:
- Two hair salons next to each other. One of them is a little more expensive, but it has more customers. Why? Because they serve you coffee, which you can drink while they do your pedicure.
- The same price for the same product on two different sites, but you will order from the one that offers you free shipping.
- Don’t underestimate the “package”. People are also influenced by many side factors that have nothing to do with the product/service and how good it is, whether it will be useful to them, etc. When I use the word “package”, I do it in its literal and figurative sense. Examples:
- the more beautiful and luxurious the package of perfume or shampoo, the better and more expensive it will look in the eyes of the customer;
- the better looking and well-groomed you are, the more you increase your chances of success with the opposite sex during dating, flirting, or the first date;
- appearance also affects business deals – no one would buy expensive insurance from a person with torn clothes and unwashed hair;
- it depends on the cover of a book whether it will attract the right readers;
- the way we express ourselves, the words we use – applies both in personal relationships and in business;
- The atmosphere in the office/ restaurant/ beauty salon also influences the clients whether to trust the company.
If you want to improve your sales skills;
If you want to finally declare yourself to the world, but you don’t know-how;
If you want to learn how to influence others;
If you want to learn the subtleties of live and online sales;
Welcome to „100% Sales“, join now HERE!
Psychologist, family therapist, author
Subscribe to my channel for more interesting videos, articles, and updates.